Thursday, September 6, 2007

Activity in class (sept 4/07)

Hey guys!
I thought the activity we did in class (look at the penny) was very interesting. It made me realize how i take the most simplistic things for grantide. Meaning, my entire life i have exchange countless amounts of pennies, and money and other things in general without actually ever truly looking at them. For instance on the penny I noticed Abraham in the building for the first time. Also it's interesting to know when things are made (or at least i think so). Our penny was made in 2006, but what about the pennies made in the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, and even 90s?! Think about everything that happened in those decades, and that very penny had been cirulating through them all along.
It would have been interesting to do the activity with anything really. Yet, i was thinking, what if we had to do it with ancient text? What about the bible!? That would take forever, even to get through one page! I wonder what antone would say (I hope i spelled that right, im SOO bad with names and spelling).
It didnt occur to me in class, but i got to thinking, if that penny did not have a date it would not have impacted me as much. It really made me think of everything its been through. Especially with anything from the past. Time is truly of the essance. I wonder where my pennies are going to end up. I hope they go places i never get to visit.
All in all, that was a very interesting activity! I cant believe i thought that in depth about a penny!
See all ya in class!

No comments: