Wednesday, March 19, 2008

the idea of intellectual laziness

Early this class, Ed claimed that maybe people are using the bible incorrectly, and there is a lack of intellect when interpreting it. Yes, i am not as well rounded biblically as I would like, but I still have an opinion towards the matter. I think that there is no right or wrong way to interpret the bible. An opinion is just that, an opinion. Due to such, the world has such a religious diversity. I am very glad that there is not just one main religion, I would hate to be a part of global lemmings, all following one idea. Even then, I think someone would be rebellious enough to come up with their own idea. So, i do not agree at all that the bible was misinterpreted... I don’t think a belief can be misinterpreted. That is what it is- a belief. One’s own interpretation- Lots of intelligent thinking, with numerous ramifications.

No comments: