Sunday, December 2, 2007

Descartes being inspirational...

Page 11....
  • I could discover much more truth from the reasoning that we all make about things that affect us and that will soon cause us harm if we misjudge them, than from the speculations in which a scholar engages in the privacy of his study, that have no consequence for him except insofar as the further they are from common sense, the more he will be proud of them, because he has had to use so much more ingenuity and subtlety in the struggle to make them plausible.
  • ... to look into myself and to use all of my mental powers to choose the paths I should follow.

This blog is short, yes, but I was just sharing the quotes I really have come to love in the text.... which in this blog seem to be just on page 11.

No comments: